ELE Safe School certificate facing the COVID-19
The Federation of Associations of Spanish schools in Spain, FEDELE, has created a complete recognition system with guidelines, recommendations and protocols to follow to achieve a safe school and free from infections facing the present epidemiological situation caused by COVID-19.
You can come to our Spanish schools with the certainty that they have specific contingency plans and protocols to reduce the risk of infection within the center as much as possible.
This seal certifies that the centers have contingency plans to reduce the possibilities of contagion in the centers and to stop the expansion to prevent possible outbreaks due to COVID-19. However, we cannot assure the absence of risk due to the changing epidemiological situation in which we find ourselves and the personal responsibility of each user.
What are the security measures?
The protocol has more than 40 pages of actions and recommendations for the centers that have the certification. Some of the most outstanding are:
- All centers certified have a specific Contingency Plan to increase the security of their facilities. These plans have been reliably verified by the federation team.
- All centers ensure a safety distance of at least 1.5 meters and ensure a limited capacity.
- The use of hydroalcoholic gels and mask is mandatory within its facilities.
- The centers have information related to hygiene and safety, as well as signs to respect social distancing.
- Decorative elements and other surfaces that may be prone to contagion have been reduced.
- Each center has established guidelines and concrete plans for each of its activities, trips and exams.
SUMMARY OF CONTINGENCY PLAN:
- Signature of responsible declaration and acceptance of this protocol in the secretariat with Estefania Cano.
- Must enforce the protocol at all times.
- Ms Paola Vecchi is in charge of junior programs. In case of incidents and queries, do please, contact her.
- Ms Pia Campos acts as academic coordinator for Junior Courses.
- Ms Estefania Cano. Is responsible for temperature control at the entrance for all students. Also, she acts as Academic coordinator for Adult Courses.
- In case of symptoms of illness, the person in charge of the program must be informed and whoever is affected will have to be isolated in the Ana María Matute classroom, whilst the school contacts the health authorities.
ARROYO DE LA MIEL HEALTH CENTER: 951 92 07 20.
COVID ANDALUCÍA TELEPHONE: 900 40 00 61.
- Must go through hygiene control at the entrance.
- Will indicate the places where the hand sanitizer gel dispensers are located (See map). Assure its use.
- Will request each student to always occupy the same place. Will inform and enforce social distancing and security measures at all times.
- In class, when social distancing can be maintained, masks may not always be required.
- Before leaving class, remind the security measures applying outdoors.
- Will hand over to new employees all the information about these protocols and make them sign their acknowledgment.
- In order to attend the matters related to courses for adults and courses for youngsters separately, there are now two offices in operation (Secretariat and MT).
- Performs temperature takings and recordings at the entrance to the school and before lunch.
- Will be using disinfectant products before and after customers / students are attended.
- In case of illness (symptoms of Covid-19, or not) the health center will always be contacted in order to consult a doctor. Students may not go to the ER prior to it.
- Will deliver a copy of the contingency plan and protocol to host families.
Cafeteria / Dining area:
- Information about social distancing and use of masks will be displayed and hand sanitizer gel dispensers will be provided.
- The manipulation of food and products will be done by the cafeteria employees elusively. No self-service.
- Tables, chairs, cutlery and any other utensils will be disinfected before and after their use.
- All products will be exclusively for individual use.
Activities and transfers:
- Only private transport will be used.
- Mandatory mask wearing for all the occupants of the vehicle.
- Use of hand sanitizer gel before boarding the vehicle.
- Vehicle thorough disinfection at the end of the day.
- Unless otherwise indicated, outside the vehicle, and as long as the social distancing can be maintained, the use of masks will not be mandatory.
- Safety rules and regulations must be respected in each and every monument and other places visited.
- In case of using sports or any other kind of elements, these will be disinfected before and after their use.
- The cleaner will thoroughly disinfect all classrooms and offices every morning before classes begin and after classes end. For this purpose, only recommended products will be used, always wearing a mask and gloves.
- In the afternoon, at the end of the office day, all contact areas, tables, keyboards and other items for general use will be cared for.
- A thorough cleaning of the toilets will take place several times a day.
- Must sign acknowledgment and protocol acceptance in the secretariat before welcoming the students.
Measures to be taken into account by host families
Families will look after the health status and take temperatures every day before leaving home for school. If students had a fever or symptoms compatible with COVID-19, they should not attend school, but it should be notified and contact the health center. COVID ANDALUSIA TELEPHONE: 900 40 00 61.
Always sneeze and cough into your elbow or cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. Wash your hands immediately.
Wash your hands often. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
Do not touch your mouth, eyes and nose with your unwashed hands.
- At home:
Leave your shoes outside the house or in the hall. It is possible that the virus and other pathogens are carried in the soles.
Touch the keys as little as possible.
Leave keys and bag or backpack in an isolated area at the entrance. Also, disinfect everything that has been used (glasses, credit card, etc.)
Wash your hands immediately after entering the house, before and after meals and when going to the bathroom.
Use a personal towel for each family member and student. Wash them frequently.
Open windows at least three times a day for 15 minutes and leave beds uncovered during that time. Air the duvets or blankets.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, door handles, light switches, rails, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks and dishwashers.
Wash dishes in the dishwasher at least 60°C. If not, wash them with very hot water. Use a bag to deposit the clothes to be washed.
- Out of the house:
Wear a mask at all times. Remember never to touch your mouth, nose and eyes.
Open the doors with your foot, hip or shoulder to avoid touching the handle or knob and press buttons with your elbow, even if you are wearing gloves.
In public washrooms, do not use electric hand dryers that run on air.
Try not to use public transportation. Go by bicycle, on foot or not shared private car.
Respect the social distancing as well as the exchange of papers and objects.
Air the interior spaces where you meet and put on your mask if necessary.
Eating well cooked and hot food reduces the risks.
When getting back home, remove your mask properly.
- How to clean:
Use disposable or reusable gloves for routine cleaning and disinfection. Clean surfaces with soap and water, then use disinfectant.
Using soap and water reduces the amount of germs, dirt and impurities on the surface. Disinfection kills germs on surfaces.
Frequently, clean surfaces that are touched most often. Frequently touched surfaces include: tables, doorknobs, light switches, desks, telephones, keyboards, toilets, taps, sinks and other contact areas.
Wash items according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the maximum water temperature allowed and dry thoroughly.
Wear disposable gloves when handling soiled clothing. Do not shake dirty clothes. Wash clothes at the highest possible temperature.
Clean and disinfect laundry baskets.
Take off the gloves and wash your hands immediately.
- How to disinfect:
Use registered household disinfectants.
Follow the instructions on the label to ensure safe and effective use of the product. Take some precautions such as wearing gloves and keep good ventilation when using the product. Take off the gloves and wash your hands after disinfection.
- If someone get sick:
Inform Maravillas Programas Internacionales immediately and follow the protocol indicated.
Have a separate room and bathroom for the sick person.
The sick person should be kept separate from the rest of the people in the household.
The person should eat in their room.
If the sick person can clean up his/her own space, he/she will. If it is not possible to use disposable gloves and only clean the area around the sick person.
Use bags for trash and for the sick person’s dirty clothes only. Use disposable gloves to remove the garbage bags and to handle and dispose of the waste.
Clean hands after removing gloves or handling used items.
- If the student get sick: Inform Maravillas Programas Internacionales immediately and follow the protocol indicated.