On Friday, March 13, the Spanish Government announced the closure of schools, preschools and further and higher education centers, originally for a period of 2 weeks until March 29, 2020 (extended later until April 10), to support efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19.
This announcement means that COLEGIO MARAVILLAS – PROGRAMAS INTERNACIONALES will be officially closed until Friday, April 10 inclusive.
COURSES FOR ADULTS
NEW Cancellation Policy / Credit / Refund Note: Frequently Asked Questions
1. Existing students (currently in Spain)
(P) The school is closed, are tuition fees refundable?
(R). We are offering current students online tuition to continue their studies. If a student chooses to finish the course and return home, the school will issue a voucher for the full value of the course missed due to closure. Students have the option to use this to extend their stay after the school reopens OR for a future reservation to be redeemed until December 2021
Long-term students can take vacations from their course, this will extend their course end date
In case of not being able to postpone the course date, the value of the course and accommodation (in family or in school-owned apartments) that is pending will be refunded, discounting an amount of 60 Euros, as cancellation costs
P) 1. The school is closed and I am currently staying in an accommodation. What are my options?
(R). You can stay in the school’s host family accommodation while the school is closed.
Host family accommodation
If you decide to leave the host family’s accommodation, you must inform the school of your departure date, and thereafter the school will issue you a voucher for the full value of the remaining accommodation. Students have the option to use this voucher for a future reservation. Please note that your choice of accommodation may be subject to availability.
You can stay in the school residence while the school is closed. If you decide to leave the school accommodation, you must inform the school of your departure date, and thereafter the school will issue you a voucher for the full value of the remaining accommodation. Students have the option of using this credit note for a future reservation. Please note that your choice of accommodation may be subject to availability.
Hotel / aparthotel / individual apartment accommodation
You can stay in the school residence while the school is closed. If you decide to leave the reserved accommodation, you must inform the school of your departure date and there will be no refund or credit for the remaining time of the reservation.
The expiration date for using the indicated vouchers is December 2021.
2. New arrivals for the courses beginning until Monday, April 20 inclusive
The school strongly recommends postponing the start of the course after April 20 (after the Easter break). Current government information is that schools are closed until April 10, however this may change. The school proposes 2 options:
1) Postpone the course start date after April 20. The school may reissue all relevant documentation at no change cost.
2) Issue a voucher for the total value of the reservation (course and accommodation) with an expiration date of December 2021.
3) If this is not convenient, the price of the course and accommodation will be refunded less a € 60 management fee.
3. JUNIORS – Spring courses
Unfortunately classes for Juniors during Easter / Spring break are suspended.
Students with expected arrivals during the month of April will have the possibility to postpone the trip to the Summer 2020 course or the Spring 2021 course without expenses, supplements or request a full refund.
4. New bookings – adults / juniors – until the end of 2020
In case of new reservations, the school offers FREE CANCELLATION to all reservations beginning after April 20, 2020 once the cancellation is notified at least 14 days in advance for all reservations.
The student will have 2 options depending on their cancellation date:
Canceling more than 14 days in advance:
· The school will issue a credit note for the total value of the reservation where the student can postpone the course at the time that is most convenient for them (expiration date December 31, 2021)
· If this does not fit, a full refund will be given on the course fees and a full refund on the accommodation fees in host families or in our shared apartments.
(There will be no refund or bonus, in case of a reservation in a hotel, aparthotel, independent apartments)
Canceling less than 14 days in advance:
· The school will issue a credit note or a refund for the value of the reservation minus the € 60 non-refundable deposit where the student can postpone the course at the time that is most convenient for them (due date December 31, 2021)
· The cancellation notice must be provided in writing and applies from the date it is received.
This is a temporary change in the Policy of our General Terms and Conditions in response to the Government Directive. We will post a notice on our website when the General Terms and Conditions take effect.
All credit / refund notes will be issued as follows:
Agent reservations: direct to the Agency
Direct reservations: direct to the individual
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
E. Paola Vecchi
Avda. Salvador Vicente 9, 29631,
Benalmádena (Málaga), España.